Those of you that know me best, know that I can be quite contrary some times. Whatever the trend is… the one that everyone jumps on… I head in the exact opposite direction. Just ask the folks that think that all businesses should have a presence in Facebook! But then again… this isn’t about Facebook… or business either… this is about bucket list.
There was a movie that came out several years back with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson about bucket list and since then everyone is talking about them.. about those wild and crazy things that they want to do before they “kick the bucket”… climb Mt. Everest, sail single handed around the world.. stuff like that.
Well, I’m here to tell you I believe it is all over rated… So as you would expect, I have created my own list… Wally’s “Things I wanna do again…” list. Here are some examples of things that are on my list….
1) I want to feel the sand of the Outer Banks of NC between my toes again as I stand there watching the power of the sun rising out of the Atlantic Ocean.
2) I want to sit in silence with a friend, crying… as we struggle with the most unspeakable sorrow that we can know.
3) I want to get in my car heading home, in pain from eating way too much wonderful food and laughing way too hard with my closest of friends.
4) I want to stand outside and listen to the birds sing.
5) I want to sail the waters of northeastern NC again.
This list is rather lengthy so I’m just giving you some examples here, but I guess my point is this… I don’t want to get so caught up in chasing all the wild and crazy things I haven’t done.. and not take the time to relish the good, wonderful and miraculous things that are my day to day life… that’s just my thoughts on it, anyway….