The complexities of life are just about to cause my head to explode lately. My mind seems to have kicked into some absurd warp speed overdrive. Aging parents, work that I love and a job that I don’t, kids growing up and moving on with their lives, failed relationships, friends dealing with life threatening illness… the list gets longer and more complicated every day. I now sleep about half as much as I use to… and probably only about a third of what I need.
So what’s the point? Why all of this complexity? Is it really so necessary? So since I’ve been awake a lot… I’ve been working on a list… let’s call it Wally’s list to simple(r) living… Here’s what I’ve got so far (in no particular order)….
- Travel light
- Get plenty of rest
- Never look directly into the sun
- Always put your breathing mask on first before helping others
- Do nothing
- Read the instructions
- Drink lots of water
- Get up in time to see the sun rise
- Less is almost always more
- Go for lots of walks
- Talk with friends (not text or chat or facebook or blog… really talk…. face to face… remember when we use to do that?)
- Take the time to watch the sun set
- Do something
- Finish strong
- Always Love
I know it sounds like a lot but I don’t think I will do them all at once… I just think that if I change my focus, maybe I’ll actually do the second item on the list…. we’ll see.
Feel free to add to this. I am quite sure that there are things I have omitted that should be included… and may have included somethings that we don’t need to do…. remember, we’re trying to travel light here.